Small Group Study Principles
Notes from Lee Venden’s “Surviving a Revival Seminar”
Communication is the key to relationship with God
– personal meaningful relationship with Jesus
– it’s a good fight, it requires effort to daily seek Jesus
– Mary and Martha, substituting work for Jesus is not the same as time with Jesus
– Hebrews 4, it requires work to rest
– Have no one teach the group, no preparation other than prayer, the Holy Spirit is the teacher
Personal preparation: morning prayer and Bible study
1. Use the Bible to focus on Jesus revealed in his Word
2. Personally invite people
3. Invite 6-12
4. Meet weekly for 90 minutes
5. Commit to 12 weeks before breaking up the group and seeking new members
6. ~30 minutes testimonies, randomly sharing stories of their week and how Jesus recently blessed them or those who they have been praying for
7. ~30 minutes popcorn prayer (Skip the prayer requests)
8. ~30 minutes Bible reading & comments (Gospels, for example John, read one subheading before pausing, commenting, random someone reads the next section)
– Prayer before you start, ask the Holy Spirit to reveal Jesus to us
– Ask the Holy Spirit for ways to share what we learned with others
Hello Pr. Lee Venden
My name is Sergio Luiz DeJesus, father of Pr. Sergio Quevedo DeJesus who talked to you years ago about I make the translation to Portuguese language your bible study series about Jesus.
I really would like to do it but I can’t find the Bible studies.
Can you send me the link to find int please?
Thank you so much.
Lee Venden’s bible studies can be found https://www.allaboutjesusseminars.org/resource-3/revival-sermon-outlines1 and https://www.moreaboutjesus.org/index.htm