Notes from Stephen Bohr’s “The Genesis Code” #23: 9-11 & The Destiny of America
Daniel 2/Revelations 12/Revelation 13 are parallel prophecies:
Revelation 13:11-18 Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon. 12 And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. 13 He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men. 14 And he deceives those who dwell on the earth by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived. 15 He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed. 16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.
1. “Then” – occurs after the first beast receives the deadly wound, roughly around 1798. France was the first nation to recognize the United States as a nation in 1798, same kingdom that gave the beast it’s deadly wound.
2. Represents a nation or kingdom
3. “coming up” – parable of the sower, a plant starting to grow out of the earth – This power was just starting to appear.
4. “out of the earth” grows from a wilderness area / sparsely populated area and not heavy population center, no winds, no warfare
5. Prophecy is moving from east to west, first two beasts appear in Asia, the next two in central Europe, the 10 kingdoms in Western Europe, etc. God’s people are fleeing westward and fled further west across the ocean to escape persecution. Prophecy follows God’s people.
6. Global power, along with the other beast that is also a global power
7. This power must exercise global political power “to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads”
8. This power must exercise global economic power “that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark”
9. This power must exercise global military power “cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed”
10. It will be contemporaries with the first beast, and it’s purpose is to give power to the first beast
11. It makes an “image of the beast” – therefore it must have similarities to the first beast such as the first beast’s characteristics of thinking to change times and laws. Blend church and state, persecute the Saints, etc.
12. Horns represent kingdoms or divisions of the kingdom: “two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon” Lamb represents Jesus Christ.
If this second beast is the one that must exert the power over the world in terms of political, economic, and military power, that must mean that the first beast is one that does not have political, economic, and military power in itself but promotes a system of worship/idolatry that another power enforces. The first beast is therefore must be a more ideological power.
Jesus taught that His kingdom, the church, is to remain separate from the civil kingdom. This is very different from the theocracy of early Israel when God directly managed church and state:
John 18:35-37 Pilate answered, “Am I a Jew? Your own nation and the chief priests have delivered You to me. What have You done?”
36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.”
37 Pilate therefore said to Him, “Are You a king then?”
Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”
Two Lamb-like/Christ-like horns as enumerated in the Bill of Rights:
Republicanism = state without a king
Protestantism = religion without a pope
Three major world systems exert global power at the moment. All other powers are regional. Communism/Socialism, Western capitalism, the Roman Catholic papacy. The first two must crumble before the last takes supremacy.
More evidence that God supports the separation of church and state:
Babylon created a literal image and demanded the three Israelites to worship. Did not honor separation of church and state.
The Persian government forbid Daniel and everyone else from praying for 30 days, Daniel did not follow that law since it infringed on religious liberty.
God directly intervened in both cases. Nebuchadnezzar and Darius both will missed the point and decided to force true religion on people.
Both the first and second beast power must have traits of Babylon, mixing church and state, enforced worship, and persecution of God’s people. The Roman Catholic papacy exhibited all of these traits before but does not now. The United States of America has never yet exhibited these traits. Obviously many changes must first take place, the complete acceptance of the papacy by the United States, the acceptance of the change in God’s law by the United States (Sunday laws) and the complete acceptance of the Roman Catholic system of prophecy by churches in the United States (changing the times/futurism: assigning all prophetic events to the Jewish state of Israel in a post-rapture world)